1. Turn OFF your Keezel. If for some reason, simply pushing the ON/OFF button does not work, you will need to long press the ON/OFF button for about 10 seconds until the Keezel (and the light) turns off.
2. Insert a clip or a pin into the Keezel's reset pinhole, located on the back of the device next to the ON/OFF button. Push the clip into the pinhole until you hear a clicking noise and then keep the reset button pushed.
3. With the reset button still pushed, turn the Keezel ON by pressing the ON/OFF button until the LED turns blue. Don't release the clip in the reset pinhole yet.
4. Wait for the LED to start blinking blue.
5. When the LED has blinked blue 3 times, release the clip from the reset pinhole and take the clip out. The light should remain steady blue and then again blink blue a few more times. Your Keezel is starting up again and after a short while the light will start blinking green and your Keezel is ready.
If the Keezel does not start up on its own after having blinked blue and turned OFF, then you need to turn it ON by pressing the ON/OFF button for 2-3 seconds.
If the reset was successful, the Keezel WiFi network should now be named keezel - xxxxxx (random string of numbers) and no longer the name you chose for it during the initial setup.
If this does not happen, you will need to reset it again.
After a successful reset, you will have to go through the first-time configuration again, following the quickstart guide you received with your Keezel. You can find a digital copy of it here.
If your Keezel is running an earlier version of the software, you will want to reset it one more time using the following (old) reset-procedure. It will then be upgraded to the new software and from then on you can use the method above. Only use the steps below if your Keezel is on fw-version 0.8.2 or fw-version 0.9.3. (you can check this in the about screen). In case you used this procedure to reset your Keezel and now the LED is stuck on blue, please reset your Keezel again using the procedure described above.
OLD RESET PROCEDURE:
Please watch this video tutorial and follow the instructions carefully (click anywhere on the image below to see the video on YouTube):
- Turn your Keezel on - the light will turn blue and then blinking green.
- When the light is blinking green, insert a paperclip into the Keezel pinhole - located near the device’s ON/OFF button.
- Push the clip into the pinhole until you hear a click - this means you’ve pushed the reset button - if you don’t hear the click, try adjusting the paperclip’s position until you do.
- Keep the paperclip pushed onto the button for 10 seconds and then release - the LED will flash blue and then red and then the Keezel will turn off. If this doesn’t happen, it means the reset was not successful and you need to try again.