Yes, you can set the Keezel to auto-reconnect to known networks in case the connection drops. All you need to do is go to keezel/ in your browser (when connected to your personal, Keezel WiFi; light is steady green), click on the hamburger menu (next to the battery indicator) and then on Advanced Settings. There, you’ll have an Enable auto-reconnect button that you can toggle ON.
Articles in this section
- Can I auto-reconnect to the Keezel if the connection drops?
- Can I connect the Keezel to wired internet such as ethernet UTP connections?
- Can I use my Keezel if I also have MAC filtering? How?
- How do I change my Keezel's name or password?
- How do I find out which firmware and software version my Keezel is on?
- How do I optimize the speed I get when using the Keezel?
- How do I send troubleshooting logs to your support team?
- How do I update my Keezel?